The role will oversee NWA Equality’s primary programs, serve as point of contact for volunteers and individuals wishing to learn about the organization, coordinate volunteer efforts, and provide administrative support to the board of directors. Additional details about the position are below. Candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com though March 6th.
PROGRAM AND VOLUNTEER SERVICES MANAGER
About the Organization
The Northwest Arkansas Center for Equality is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which leads a grassroots support and advocacy movement working to achieve full equality for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community in Northwest Arkansas. In addition to being recognized as Arkansas’ regional voice for equality and inclusion, the Center provides HIV testing, outreach, and education; peer support; community events; and other programming in Benton and Washington counties.
The Programs & Volunteer Services Manager directly oversees the organization’s primary programs, serves as the point of contact for individuals wishing to learn about or become involved with the NWA Center for Equality, coordinates volunteer efforts, and provides administrative support to the board of directors. This position reports to the president of the board of directors.
- Oversee development, implementation, assessment, and management of all service and volunteer program goals and objectives, and proactively seek out and evaluate program growth opportunities, including grant funding
- Recruit and train volunteers and ensure all volunteer needs for programs, events, and operations are met
- Maintain accurate and updated program documents, databases, and statistical data for all event, program, and volunteer activities
- Provide administrative and operational support to the organization, including, but not limited to, drafting communications, document preparation, mail handling, bank deposits, and calendar coordination
- Oversee program staff and serve as a liaison between board of directors, staff, and volunteers
- Develop advertising plans for services and events using a variety of channels and methods
- Greet and assist any guests and respond to all outside inquiries and communication in a timely manner
- Ensure program and other information on website is current and perform updates as needed
- Support the maintenance of the CRM database for contacts, their addresses, and other information
- Manage the office and facility scheduling for programs and activities
- Attend meetings of the board of directors and other meetings as requested
- Take on other duties as assigned
NWA Center for Equality expects the highest level of ethics, professionalism, and personal performance possible. The Programs & Volunteer Services Manager will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed the goals put forth by the Center. NWA Center for Equality expects all its board members, staff, and volunteers to support the Center’s goals, vision, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Strong interest in LGBTQA community programming and development
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, time management, and planning skills
- Strong computer and software skills and ability to learn new systems/programs; proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain excellent judgment and tact when dealing with sensitive issues and confidentiality
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- 2+ years in serving as an administrator or assistant (or equivalent training or education) in a nonprofit, public policy, or social work environment, with experience developing and/or managing programs
- Experience in volunteer recruitment/management and grassroots organizing
- Experience in event operations/coordination
- Experience with Google Apps for Work
- Experience managing people and knowledge of team building and motivational techniques
- Experience in marketing, public relations, or communications
- Public speaking experience
- Experience with CRM, email marketing, and project management systems; social media; and WordPress
- Familiarity with graphic design principles and software
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Some college education
- Approximately 25-30 hours per week. Approximately 50-70% of working time will be spent at the NWA Center for Equality offices during the workweek, with the remaining hours served remotely and/or at offsite functions. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Some travel within Northwest Arkansas is required, with occasional travel outside the area. Must have valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 p.m. on March 6, 2016.
NWA Center for Equality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.