About the Program
Established in 2010, Get Checked Campain’s mission is to prevent the transmission of HIV in Northwest Arkansas through outreach and prevention education.
Our program provides free, confidential HIV testing and resources for the community. We strive to collaborate with regional HIV/AIDS organizations and local businesses to better provide education and testing services to individuals in need of counseling, education, and outreach.
Our services are open to everyone, and appointments can be made online or by phone.
What To Expect
- Get Checked uses the Clearview rapid testing system, with 99% accuracy. A small blood sample is used for this test.
- Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to electronically fill out a release and complete a confidential questionnaire. The questionnaire is for statistical use and assists the facilitator in understanding your education and health needs.
- The facilitator will then take your blood sample and facilitte the HIV test.
- While your test processes, the facilitator will assess risk behavior, and discuss any of your concerns.
- Once the test has processed, the facilitator provides you with the results and any follow-up information you may need or request.
Per law, all personally identifying information collected during the testing session is 100% confidential. No one except the testing facilitator and the client knows the results of the test. All statistical information collected is anonymous and only used for educational instruction and program evaluation.
Program Authorization & Training Information
Northwest Arkansas Equality, Inc. is not a medical facility. We are authorized to perform HIV testing through a waiver from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the United States Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA). All testing facilitators have completed the HIV Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) training provided by the Arkansas Department of Health, and are trained in the proper handling and disposal of biohazard and medical supply waste. ChemBio provides our testing facilitators with specific training in the use of the Clearview HIV testing system.
Program Contact Information
Program Administrator | Get Checked Campaign
Northwest Arkansas Equality, Inc.
Arthur Beeghly LGBTQ Resource Center
179 N. Church Avenue, Ste. 101
Fayetteville, AR 72701
479.966.9014, Ext. 2
Schedule Your Appointment Today!